Re: Retaining wall fees

Dennis

I totally agree with fee structure for retaining walls.  It seem that Engineers in general do not have the concept of "Value engineering" as it pertains to the value to the client regarding our fee's.  If we don't consider the value of our service to the client and only charge an hourly fee you will also be at the mercy of the client.  Our industry/  profession has lost respect and appreciation from most peoples over the last 50 years while architects and builders are held in high regard.  Usually we are referred to as the necessary evil by builders/contractors.

Joe Venuti
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs,  CA