cuts in treated wood

I know it's good practice to field treat cuts in treated wood.  But is this a code requirement?  I looked through the 2000 IBC, and while it details where treated wood is required, it doesn't talk about cuts in the wood.  The AWPA standards don't address this either (since it's a treatment standard).

Curt Fortenberry