Re: Swimming pool

----- Original Message -----
From: Joe Grill
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 5:44 PM
Subject: Swimming pool

The contractor who will be building the pool has asked me for a proposal to do the design for a below grade swimming pool.  Other than the ?busy? layout the design seems like it should be fairly straight forward.  But, I haven?t done one before and he is talking about shotcrete (in one sentence) then gunite (in the next sentence).  Any help, warnings or other information would be appreciated.  I?ve considered not doing it also, but not for any serious reasons.

There is this:

"Gunite and Shotcrete are the same thing. They are both a force applied concrete application. The difference between Gunite and Shotcrete is this: one is concrete mixed with water at the site (Gunite) and the other is concrete mixed with water in a truck and then brought to the site (Shotcrete)."

I assume he means one is a cementitious grout (i.e. concrete with very small aggregate) mixed at the site, and the other is batched at the plant.

I'd never heard it put that way before, though.