Re: Retaining wall fees - Real Estate

But keep in mind that many real estate agents can go through the full work
of listing a house or showing a house, but not have the house sell (for
any number of reasons).  In such a case, they have just done a lot of work
for no money.  Are you willing to do the full design of a project only to
have the owner cancel it and say "I don't owe you anything because I did
not complete/build the project"...didn't think so.  So, keep in mind that
real estate agents get paid not just by "commission", but also by
"contingency" (i.e. they get paid only if and when it sells).  And as Paul
pointed out, if there is a buyer's agent and a seller's agent, then the 6%
fee is split between the two (typically 50-50)...so many times the real
estate agent gets only about 3% (which if before company's share, etc).

As the saying goes..."The grass is always greener on the other side of the
fence"...to which I usually add "Until you jump the fence and notice that
the grass is really a nice shade of brown".

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI