Re: vibration dampers

Insofar as I am aware, Taylor are the only viscous fluid dampers in
America. There are only a few manufactures in the world. The only
explanation I can come up with is that they are fairly specialized
technology, and are a very small market. Taylor turns over about $17
million a year in its total damper sales, a large chunk of which is sales
to the military for missiles and satellites. Though if anyone knows of
another damper manufacturer in the US, pls let me know as we are currently
specifying them on a project.

Here's a little bit of trivia for you - the viscous fluid inside Taylor
dampers is not only a high performance engineered material, but it is
edible and FDA approved.

Michael

             Charley Hamilton
             <chamilto(--nospam--at)uci.edu
                                       seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
             06/01/2004 06:49                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: vibration dampers
             Please respond to
             <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.or
                    g>

I'm surprised, Micahel.  I would have figured others would get into
that part of the market.  Pall Dynamics (palldynamics.com) also
manufactures structural dampers (friction type) and I believe
Enidine (enidine.com) does as well.  I'm surprised they don't also
do cable dampers.

Charley