Off Topic: Backfill Swimming Pool

This is off topic, but I thought somebody on the list may know.  A friend of mine is considering filling in his 20,000 gal backyard swimming pool and asked me if I had any idea what the cost would be.  I personally have no idea, but I suggested that he contact some demolition contractors.  I'm thinking the scope of work would involve removing existing piping/pumps, punching 2 or 3 large holes on the bottom of the pool, compacted backfill (required by local city) to 3 feet below grade, removing the top 3 feet of pool wall, fill with topsoil to existing grade.

Just for my knowledge, does anyone on the list know what the relative cost range is, assuming adequate access for equipment?  ($1k to $2k, $5k to $7k, $10k+)

Thanks,
David Chan
Los Angeles, CA