OT: Laptops

I’m looking for a laptop. I haven’t had one in years (I think my last one was a 386SX to give you an idea).

I don’t need a desktop replacement, but I would like to run everything on it that I run on my desktop including AutoCAD, STAAD, MS Office, e-mail and Internet.

I don’t want to spend a lot of money, but I don’t want to under-purchase either.

I want something reliable and durable (might take it camping with me).

I would like it to be small and lightweight.

Any suggestions?

TIA,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)

San Juan Capistrano, CA