Re: OT: Laptops

Hi Bill,

It is worth doing a little research. Can start with www.epinions.com.

Slightly pricey, but IBM make very reliable laptops - almost perfect. The lighter ones - T series are as light as under 5 lbs, battery life is excellent, screens are bright and bigger. Heavier ones are designed to replace desktops, except it will have less (or no wires at all) attached.

I just settled with an IBM laptop. Can not find any fault with it, even the price.

Suresh Acharya, S.E.

--- Begin Message ---

I’m looking for a laptop. I haven’t had one in years (I think my last one was a 386SX to give you an idea).

I don’t need a desktop replacement, but I would like to run everything on it that I run on my desktop including AutoCAD, STAAD, MS Office, e-mail and Internet.

I don’t want to spend a lot of money, but I don’t want to under-purchase either.

I want something reliable and durable (might take it camping with me).

I would like it to be small and lightweight.

Any suggestions?

TIA,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)

San Juan Capistrano, CA

--- End Message ---