Torsion moment in R.C girders due to lateral loads

Hi,

I want to ask a question about 3d models in computer analysis.

Suppose we have modeled a 3d R.C frame, which has concrete slabs and joists
as vertical load bearing system. But, when we analyze the whole system, in
lateral load cases like wind or seismic loads, some bending moments are
induced in the joists and as a result, very large torsion moments are
resulted in girders that support joists. My question is that is it true to
design joist and girders for these bending and torsion moments? Or it is
necessary to make the model such that these joists don't contribute in
lateral load bearing system of building?

Regards,
Hosein Mardanlu