RE: What is #3 Rebar equivalent for W2.9xW2.9 WWF

Thank you all - I needed a quick answer before a 3:00PM meeting and had
access to the WRI tech reports and manuals. I guess I am just over-stressed
as this is a seismic retrofit with a new remodel added in and I lost the
drafting support I had - so I am working day and night to meet the schedule
which is based on meeting a grand opening date for the Riverside County
Credit Union. The project is very cool from the aspect that we are restoring
the City of Coachella's 1920 Poured-in-place Reinforced Concrete fire
Station. We are saving the large fire doors and having them restored to the
original look - including the siren on the roof. At night it converts back
to the fire station (in looks only) and during the day it becomes the new
credit union.

Sorry to seem so ignorant of these basic facts - but I guess the truth is
that I am. It's been over ten years since I did a seismic retrofit on URM
buildings and even this has changed according to the 2003 Existing Building
Code. Now I have my second concrete retrofit and I found that while I am
designing the work into it (along with the new addition and work required
for this simple one story light framed wood structure) I am having to
interpret the code requirements using the pre-1994 UBC to justify the shear
in the existing walls, while using the 1997 UBC to design new lateral
support (moment frame) members.

The trick is how to get some additional time from the client to allow me to
complete the project with all of the details that I know it needs but that
they may not give me the time to add?

Best regards to all for your help - you came through within an hour of
posting (or sooner as I was on the phone) and I really appreciate the help I
receive from all of you.

Sincerely,
Dennis

Dennis S. Wish, PE