RE: OT: Laptops

I've seen some excellent recommendations as to specific brands and types to
get or avoid, so I'll leave that advice to the experts.

But I will throw in half a cent worth of advice and recommend getting a
wireless router and installing a wireless card in the laptop.  It'll make it
extremely simple to transfer information from your main computer to your
portable right before a trip and back again on your return.  Transfer rates
will be slower than with a hard line, but it won't be a hardship unless
you're transferring a huge amount of data.

You can get even fancier and install wireless cards on some printers and
plotters.  A friend of mine has his home office upstairs and sends
information to his plotter (in his basement) through his wireless router.

---
Jason Kilgore
Leigh & O'Kane, LLC
Kansas City, Missouri