From: Christopher Wright [mailto:chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com]
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2004 9:10 AM
To: ‡
Subject: RE: Seismic Piping Question

>Basically, how do I determine the deformabilty of a piping system to
>know whether or not it's a high deformability, limited deformability,
>or low deformability piping system?
You may be in over your head here. Piping is considered under ASME/ANSI
B31.n, the n depending on the kind of system, refrigeration, refinery
what-have-you. It's nothing like the approach used for buildings. You
should look at the piping codes for guidance and rules covering external
loads; the combination requirements and thermal expansion are especially
important.

___________________________| John Sedgwick, Spotsylvania 1864) http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw