Re: Mathcad

You can do a similar thing with Autocad and Excel.  You can paste the
contents of cells into the Autocad text screen and it works as if you had typed
commands at the command line.  For example, if you can get a column of cells in
excel to look like the following, select the cells, copy them, switch to Autocad
and hit F2 to bring up the text screen, paste (Ctrl+V) and it makes a layer
called steel1 colored green and draws a rectangle.  Anything that can be typed
in Autocad can be done this way.

-la
steel1
green

rectang
1,1
4,2

>Mathcad also comes bundled with an Intergraph product called
>SmartSketch.  You can create drawings using this program and link the
>dimensions to Mathcad varibles.  SmartSketch works a little
differently
>than AutoCAD in that it maintains relationships instead of fixed
>positions.  What you end up with is a detail with the correct geometry
and
>dimensions.  I'm using it right now for SCBF connections and it really
>helps to immediately see the connection geometry

Mark Johnson PE