Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Enercalc Version 5.8[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Enercalc Version 5.8
- From: "Wesley Werner" <wwerner(--nospam--at)conewago.com>
- Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 12:52:42 -0400
- Disposition-notification-to: "Wesley Werner" <wwerner(--nospam--at)conewago.com>
I had recently downloaded the new Enercalc Version 5.8 Demo version and have the following comments / questions :
1) The new version had claimed to be updated to meet IBC 2003 requirements, but majority of the forms were still computed based on the old UBC 94/97. (i.e Masonry wall, concrete calculations referring to seismic zones, seismic zone factors, special inspection requirements etc. They hsould be modified to meet the requirements of ASCE 7-02, ACI 530-02 and ACI 318-02).
2) New Forms for Seismic Analysis – Spectra response accelerations based on 0.2s and 1.0s S(s) and S(1) appears to be significantly lower compared to 1996/2002 USGS Seismic Hazard maps.
3) New Forms for Seismic Analysis – Automated computation of the site coefficient, Fa was incorrect. The program shows to use a site coefficient, F(a) of 1.2, is this correct ? My IBC table 1615.1.2(1) shows a F(a) value ot 1.6 for Ss <= 0.25.
Had anybody had a chance to verify the results of this latest version yet ?
King-Pow Teo, P.E.
The Mason & Hanger Group Inc.
300 West Vine Street, Suite 1300
Lexington, KY 40507-1814
voice: 859.252.9980 x275
- Prev by Subject: Enercalc Version 5.8
- Next by Subject: Enercalc Version 5.8
- Previous by thread: Enercalc Version 5.8
- Next by thread: Enercalc Version 5.8