Re: ACI 318-02 reinforcing steel questions

>I lied and said I had found an error and that I would have to beef
> up the design. He, very quickly, asked if I could leave the design as
> is.  I didn't feel very proud of myself, but it was a lesson.
And a lesson for the developer, too. Probably everyone's been asked for
some re-work, with the presumption that it would be delivered at no
charge. I don't hesitate telling someone that they can request all the
rework they want that they can pay for at my usual rates and provided
that they don't care about schedule impacts. Just exactly what the welder
or machinist would say.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw