Structural Drawings with PDMS ?

List,

I would like opinions on this issue. Regarding large industrial engineering
jobs where all disciplines are involved, piping, mechanical, HV&C,
structures, etc. it is coming a usual procedure to handle all of the design
activities through PDS or PDMS modeling tools. It seems to me, that these
fancy models have been conceived for piping / mechanical lay-out issues.
How benefitial is this way of design, from a structural standpoint ? The
vendors are usually mentioning steelwork design, as one of the resources
availabe. The main and critical structural issues, like special seismic
connections,
or details, are they well covered ? The out-put, is it proper to check all
these
issues ?, etc.etc. Anything about the reinforced concrete structures, in
this
environement ?
Any experience, or case study, or opinion about, would be appreciated.

Regards,

Raúl Labbé S.E.
M.ASCE.