Re: Legal and liability - using my stamp

In theory, yes. In practice, no. Although your corporation will be the responsible party, I believe you can also be held personally liable for gross negligence (and you don't get to decide what gross negligence is). More importantly, you'll have to defend yourself, and that money will come out of your pocket. You should definitely talk to a lawyer - one who specializes in E&O claims. Don't forget to consider your ongoing (lifetime) liability for anything with your signature on it. I can't imagine a condition where it would be worth it for a rank-and-file employee to seal a document.

Am I paranoid? Maybe. But as soon as my wife and I buy our next house (I'm in that buying/selling limbo right now) it will be solely in her name, as will all of our non-protected assets. I'm careful, and answer only to myself in my practice, but I don't plan on having deep pockets, just in case.