From: "Bill Allen" <T.W.Allen(--nospam--at)cox.net>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2004 4:49 PM
Subject: RE: 2001 NDS nail penetration

Nels -

How 'bout the easy way:

I've got the 1997 NDS and, as I said, table 12.3 shows a maximum capacity of
118 lbs. This is for a 1" side member.

What is the listed (tabulated) capacity of a 10d using DF-L in the 2001 NDS?

I'm just trying to compare "apples and apples". We can delve into the Yield
Limit Equations at a later date (when we both have more time).

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
San Juan Capistrano, CA