RE: 2001 NDS nail penetration

Sooo...is what you are saying is that, by using the 2001 NDS, if you nail
two 2Xs together with a 10d nail (0.148 in dia) x 3" long, you'll have a
capacity of 118 lbs?

If so (and I *think* that's what you're saying), then the capacity in the
2001 NDS with 10D penetration is the same as the capacity in the 1997 NDS
with 12D penetration.

Sooo...I've been (tediously) reducing my 10d capacities needlessly because
the 1997 NDS is conservative in requiring 12D penetration. Crap! What a
waste of time!

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
San Juan Capistrano, CA