Slab buckling

I've been asked by a plan checker to check a slab that is restraining the base of a retaining wall for potential buckling.  The retaining wall is about 11 feet tall.  I've done a great many retaining walls and have never been asked to check this.  If it's a problem wouldn't we be hearing of buckling slabs at residential basements everywhere?  Does anyone know of a simplified approach to checking this?  Thanks in advance.

Mark Pemberton, S.E.
Pemberton Engineering
Davis, CA