Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
ACZA wood treatment[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: ACZA wood treatment
- From: "Robert Freeman" <robert.freeman(--nospam--at)idsse.com>
- Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 13:23:26 -0700
I received some good information from Simpson and Jerry Parks of the WWPI ( jerry(--nospam--at)wwpinstitute.org )
The summary was: hot-dipped galvanized or stainless works fine with ACZA treated wood. This is true for nails, clips, anchor bolts, washers, etc. I think you are correct about the treatment of anchor bolts. That would be an engineer's judgement.
We specify ALKALINE COPPER QUAT (ACQ-C AND ACQ-D) CARBONATE OR COPPER AZOLE (CBA-A AND CA-B). These are available in Southern California.
With Joy and Hope,
Bob Freeman, Architect
Integrated Design Services, Inc.
- Prev by Subject: ACZA treated wood
- Next by Subject: RE: Adjustable Steel Columns
- Previous by thread: RE: E-pubs <rant>
- Next by thread: RR Flat Car Bridges