ACZA wood treatment

Karen:

I received some good information from Simpson and Jerry Parks of the WWPI ( jerry(--nospam--at)wwpinstitute.org )

The summary was: hot-dipped galvanized or stainless works fine with ACZA treated wood.  This is true for nails, clips, anchor bolts, washers, etc.  I think you are correct about the treatment of anchor bolts.  That would be an engineer's judgement.

We specify ALKALINE COPPER QUAT (ACQ-C AND ACQ-D) CARBONATE OR COPPER AZOLE (CBA-A AND CA-B).  These are available in Southern California.

With Joy and Hope,
Bob Freeman, Architect
Structural Designer
Integrated Design Services, Inc.