Re[2]: Slab buckling

It depends on how the other end of the slab is supported. If it is unrestrained,
then the slab is unlikely to buckle given
the friction is mobilized between the slab and subgrade. But if it is
restrained for in-plane movement, then theoretically the slab needs
to be checked for buckling from restraining the retaining wall.
Perhaps you could check with Euler's buckling strength against the
restraining reactions.

Bz