RE: E-pubs <rant>

Title: Message

It gets worse. I downloaded a copy of ACI 360 and paid nearly $90 for it. Based on the usable information I received from the document, I estimate its true value closer to $9 than $90.

I’ve downloaded stuff from AISC too which didn’t prove to be valuable, but at least it didn’t cost me anything.

Regarding the AISC seminars, every one I’ve attended the last three years I have left feeling like I stole something.

Personally, I don’t care if AISC is supported financially by the industry (ACI and PCA aren’t?). If that’s what’s keeping the quality high, then I’m all for it. Somehow, though, I think it also might have something to do with the people involved.

My two cents.

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)

San Juan Capistrano, CA

http://www.AllenDesigns.com