Re: Slab buckling

Mark,
I have some information for you which would help you. If you let me know your fax number I will fax
you .
Himat

>>> markpemberton(--nospam--at)sbcglobal.net 6/8/2004 2:43:00 PM >>>
I've been asked by a plan checker to check a slab that is restraining the base of a retaining wall
for potential buckling.  The retaining wall is about 11 feet tall.  I've done a great many retaining
walls and have never been asked to check this.  If it's a problem wouldn't we be hearing of buckling
slabs at residential basements everywhere?  Does anyone know of a simplified approach to checking
this?  Thanks in advance.

Mark Pemberton, S.E.
Pemberton Engineering
Davis, CA