RE: Moment resistance connection

>Can we deign a moment resistance connection
>between beam & column by putting an angle
>section at the top of beam flange (tensile
>face) ; rather a plate as usually is done.

It is fairly common to see old details that use angles or tees on
flanges for moment-connected beams. These in some cases can be designed
as fully restrained (rigid) moment connections. More often, these are
flexible moment connections (sometimes known as "type II with wind"
connection), where the flange angles or tees are designed for defined
moments less than the beam strength. The latter approach is still viable
as long as you are taking R equal to 3.

Hope this helps.

Charlie