Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Seismic Bracking of Water Heaters

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
I don't do a lot of residential work, but I've got a plan check correction
on one such project which reads "Provide seismic anchorage for water heater.
CPC 510.5".

What is normally done to comply? A note? A detail?

Aren't there kits at Home Depot for this?

I don't want to "over-engineer" (I HATE that term!) this thing, but I want
to address it once and once only. I told my client I could provide a WF
frame which would be adequate. He responded "Would those be Seismic Demand
Category A or Category B welds?". At least I've got him thinking in the
right direction :o).


T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
San Juan Capistrano, CA

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
*   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you
*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
*   site at:
******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********