RE: E-pubs <rant>

At 09:02 AM 6/9/2004, you wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Jay Shilstone [mailto:j.s(--nospam--at)shilstone.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 5:20 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: E-pubs <rant>

> ACI is strictly an educational and standards organization. It is not
> allowed to promote anything,...

Who doesn't "allow" this?

Is there a designated Construction Industry Trade Association Nazi that I
haven't heard of?

No. Afraid it is the U.S. government and that ACI is a recognized non-profit organization under (I think) 501.c.3 status, which doesn't allow for promotion or lobbying.

("NO SELF-PROMOTION FOR YOU!!!")

Not sure I understand this statement, but I have always recognized your posts as reasonable and non-inflammatory, so I will accept it as such.

Jay Shilstone

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, Texas USA