From: Thor Tandy [mailto:vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net]
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 12:19 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: OFF-TOPIC Job Interview Questions

As Aristotle (or someone said), "If you propose being philosophical, make
sure you have a private income".

It takes a tough man to stand and state his truth.  Some people are
pragmatic, however, if you stand and state, then you may have to weather the
disdain of both the industry and your peers.  But, I wouldn't worry about
that.  Communal memory is exceedingly short (note electoral insanities), so
if your own perceptions of your reputation and worth are strong, and if
silence will damage such, state your case, gird your loins and sail on.  You
will be know as an honest and courageous person (in my estimation anyway!)
Be aware though.  Pragmatism may have a deal worth considering.

Thor A. Tandy P.Eng
Victoria BC
Canada
email: vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net