Re: Seismic Bracing of Water Heaters

Regarding the gas hot water tank safe platform height,
as of some date this year, all gas hot water tanks
have to be manufactured to eliminate that gaseous
ignition hazard.  I think most manufacturers are
putting in a ducted supply air system with a flame
arrestor.  In addition, a thermal link will close off
the combustion chamber should it overheat.

I'm not sure it the "safe platform height" standard
still applies with the new technology.  Sometimes it's
good to watch "Ask This Old House"!!

Paul Blomberg
Phoenix, AZ