Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: pullout test[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: pullout test
- From: "OSCAR HENRIQUEZ" <OHENRIQUEZ(--nospam--at)ms-ae.com>
- Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 15:39:21 -0700
I asked Hilti the same question before and they recommended that an "unrestrained pure tension" pullout test be performed. Unrestrained means that the load cell does not load the concrete directly around the anchor.
The anchors may be proof-loaded to 1.5 to 2.0 times the allowable load (depends on the City) or 3 times the service load, whichever is smaller. Consider edge distance and anchor spacing when you calculate the allowable load.
I hope this helps,
Oscar Henriquez, P. E.
McLean & Schultz
- Prev by Subject: pullout test
- Next by Subject: Re: pullout test
- Previous by thread: Re: pullout test
- Next by thread: R Value for Wood Brace