From: "Paul Crocker" <pcrocker(--nospam--at)reidmidd.com>
To: <smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu>; <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 11:19 PM
Subject: RE: E-pubs <rant>

> I have always found it a little odd that they often charge the same for a
printed copy as they do to download a .pdf file.  I would have expected that
at least you would save a few dollars since they don't have to print
anything or store anything in a warehouse for the .pdf.   I'm not so
interested in their revenue model versus anyone else's, I just would have
guessed you'd save a small amount going with the .pdf.  After all, the
CD-ROM version of the MCP is noticably cheaper than the printed version.
That doesn't seem too controversial.