RE: RR Flat Car Bridges

I recently looked into the use of a RR flat car bridge for a 60-ft span.
FYI, I was quoted about $10,000 for the flat car (not including abutments,
etc). I was told that an economical steel beam bridge design wouldn't cost
that much more, but that total cost of such a bridge would be in excess of
$50,000 (close to your $1000/ft). A 250-ft bridge would require intermediate
piers which would definitely add to cost.

William C. Sherman, PE
(Bill Sherman)
CDM, Denver, CO
Phone: 303-298-1311