Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: Grouted masonry questions

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
You may already be aware of this but Hilti has an adhesive anchor product, HIT HY 20 that can be used with screen tubes to anchor to hollow brick, block or tile.
Hope that helps.
Tommy A. "Tripp" Howard, P.E.

"Sherman, William" <ShermanWC(--nospam--at)> wrote:
Two questions related to grouted concrete masonry units:

1. If I want to use a drilled-in adhesive anchor to attach to in-place
hollow concrete masonry units, is it practical to drill a hole into the open
cells and pump grout into them, in order to obtain a solid material to
anchor to?

2. If a new masonry wall is to be constructed below an in-place concrete
frame, is there any practical way to construct a reinforced bond beam
directly below the concrete beam?

William C. Sherman, PE
(Bill Sherman)
CDM, Denver, CO
Phone: 303-298-1311
Fax: 303-293-8236
email: shermanwc(--nospam--at)

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
* Read list FAQ at:
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at:
******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********

Tripp Howard