Re: existg CMU

William,

I've designed the installation of drilled in anchors into hollow block cells after injecting grout into the cells.  To limit the amount of grout, I had insulating foam injected through a small hole into the cell a couple of blocks below the anchor point.

Also look into ITW Epcon Umbrella inserts [they expand in the cell after insertion and are keyed into the wall by being filled with acrylic adhesive that is confined against the inside of the shell by the umbrella].  Also Epcon Stubby Screen Tubes that form a similar bulge of adhesive against the inside face of the shell.  Epcon: itwconstruction.com .

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer
South San Gabriel, CA
njineer(--nospam--at)att.net