From: Tripp Howard [mailto:tripphoward(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 8:18 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Grouted masonry questions

Bill,

You may already be aware of this but Hilti has an adhesive anchor product,
HIT HY 20 that can be used with screen tubes to anchor to hollow brick,
block or tile.

http://www.us.hilti.com

Hope that helps.

Tommy A. "Tripp" Howard, P.E.

"Sherman, William" <ShermanWC(--nospam--at)cdm.com> wrote:
Two questions related to grouted concrete masonry units:

1. If I want to use a drilled-in adhesive anchor to attach to in-place
hollow concrete masonry units, is it practical to drill a hole into the open
cells and pump grout into them, in order to obtain a solid material to
anchor to?

2. If a new masonry wall is to be constructed below an in-place concrete
frame, is there any practical way to construct a reinforced bond beam
directly below the concrete beam?