Re: existg CMU

Bill wrote:

> If we grout the cells where anchors are to be installed, the bond beam in
> the course directly below will prevent flow of grout into cells below.

Bill,

A couple of thoughts.... if the wall is face shell bedded, you are going to get grout flow into adjacent cells unless you foam these cells first.  We've used pressure pots with 10-12 psi of air on top to inject in similar situations.  You can inject from 3/8 inch holes drilled into the bed joint above the bond beam and stop when the  grout tops out in the cell.  Remove the injection nozzle, put in a wood dowel and move on to the next.

Regards,
Dave

David B. Woodham, P.E.
Atkinson-Noland & Associates