Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Concrete Joists[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Concrete Joists
- From: "Kestner, James W." <jkestner(--nospam--at)somervilleinc.com>
- Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:33:59 -0500
It sounds like poured in place, one way concrete joists. Are you sure the spacing is 16" oc. There were typically 20" and 30 " wide pans. Therefore the spacing of the joist was the pan width plus the width of the joist. The slab was usually 2 1/2" or thicker.
Check an older CRSI handbook for details and load tables of typical construction.
I hope this helps!
From: Barry H. Welliver [mailto:barrywelliver2(--nospam--at)earthlink.net]
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 3:21 PM
To: Seaint Listserv
Subject: Concrete Joists
- Prev by Subject: RE: Concrete Joists
- Next by Subject: RE: Concrete Joists
- Previous by thread: RE: Concrete Joists
- Next by thread: RE: Concrete Joists