Re: Insurance other than E&O

We carry E&O (Our clients would not use us if we "went bare"), and also 1 million general liability.  We have Workman's comp, but if you do not have employees then you do not need it.  The general liability is cheap for an engineering firm, it's the E&O that is expensive.  Also the general liability policy covers the office for theft, fire and all the other possible happenings including special riders for loss of work product, computer equipment, and reference books.  Start adding up your reference library sometime and you may be surprised.

----- Original Message -----
From: Jim Wilson
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 11:49 AM
Subject: Insurance other than E&O

Aside from E&O insurance (which I do carry for myself as a one-person LLC) what other insurances and limits are required / recommended for engineers on their own?

What about general liability and worker's compensation?

No one has prodded me to look into these others yet.  But I've just been asked to make a site visit and to bring my liability paperwork - which I don't have.

James Wilson, PE
Stroudsburg, PA

Do you Yahoo!?