From: Roger Davis [mailto:rdavis(--nospam--at)sdsarch.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 10:27 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Hay storage

Farm Building Design by Loren W. Neubauer and Harry B. Walker, 1961 edition contains the following information:

Loose hay weighs 4 pcf, chopped hay weighs 12 pcf and baled hay weighs 15 pcf.  The load table indicates that the weight of loose and chopped hay varies with depth; but does not provide any additional guidance.

Roger C. Davis

Architect

SDS Architects, Inc.

205 N. Dewey Street