Re: software for pushover analyses

I've used SAP2000 to perform several Pushovers. The bigger limitation is that it
is onliy possible to monitor hinges states with a color display. It's not
possible to choose a plastic hinge and observe the changes that it sufers in
the force-deformation diagram through all the steps in a easy to use table
layout. But in a general way is a very good tool, specially if you use it to
design the elements first and then automatically assign plastic hinges to each
element. Doing this way, the program automaticcaly calculates the hinge
properties, like the yielding moment, the P-M3-M2 interaccion curve, etc...

If you want to do a modal pushover with more than one mode, you got to calculat
yourself the scale factors to use in each mode and then sum then like in a
normal combination.

Tiberio Pontes