Re: existg CMU

I can send a picture, but it will have to be directly to you and not through SEAINT. What you were referring to (reinforced concrete cast beam on top) is commonly done in Florida to help resist the high hurricane wind loads.

Regards,
Harold Sprague

From: "Rand Holtham, P.E." <rand(--nospam--at)sigmaengineers.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Re: existg CMU
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 08:48:03 -0500

Harold,

I didn't follow, do you have a picture or a drawing you could share?

Bill,

What about removing the top course and casting a solid beam on top or if the
block is already in, break out the face shell construct a form on one side
and cast solid concrete on top. I assume you are above the ceiling otherwise nevermind. I think you're in a crack because it will be hard to get anything
to calc out that has to reach down so far to restrain the wall and not be
bulky.

Rand