Re: software for pushover analyses

Simon,
Can RAM do nonlinear analysis now?
Harold

From: "Simon" <shchao(--nospam--at)umich.edu>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Re: software for pushover analyses
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 16:47:40 -0400

RAM Perform 2D or 3D are quite good.

Simon
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mark Pemberton
  To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
  Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 10:36 PM

SAP Non-Linear does a pretty good job and will self generate most hinge characteristics. If your model is complex though, it runs like... well, sap. Support was decent as well. Also, the color coded step output makes the structure's inelastic behavior easily understood.

  Mark Pemberton, S.E.
  Pemberton Engineering
  Davis, CA

  Gale45man <gale45man(--nospam--at)yahoo.com> wrote:
    I'm looking for comments and recommendations on
    programs for pushover analysis. What are you using,
    how well is it working for you, how good is the
    "support," are there any significant laminations, bug
    problems, etc.?

    Thank you,
    d a v e e v a n s

    http://messenger.yahoo.com/

    * http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
    * send to the list is public domain an! d may be re-posted
    * site at: http://www.seaint.org