RE: Seaint Emails unreadable

I don't think it has anything to do with your email reader.  I use MS
Outlook, which can view HTML messages, but I got the same gibberish when I
received the digest version.

I believe it's because some posts are originally in HTML, and the program
that compiles the digest sends in plain text only.

Basically, the digest compiler converts all messages to text only.  To do
this, it first strips out everything it sees as "text".  The, to make sure
you get all information, it also appends the original file with the
hypertext codes embedded in the message.

To make matters worse, some people have images that are automatically
appended to their messages (digital signatures, company logos, graphical
wallpaper, etc.).  This information is translated to pure gibberish in a
text-only email.

I've always thought there should be a way to filter this out, but I'm not an
expert.  I do what I can by sending all posts at "text-only".

---
Jason Kilgore
Leigh & O'Kane, LLC
Kansas City, Missouri