Re: Roger Turk

I was out of town last week on vacation during the posts to the list concerning Roger and his unfortunate illness.  Two years ago when I was first considering moving to Arizona I had ask Roger about companies in the Tucson Area.  He took time away from whatever he was doing to reply with a list of firms in the area.  He included a description of each and his thoughts as to if he thought I would fit in with my areas of experience.  I always appreciated his help.  I didn’t move to Tucson, but did to the northern part of the state, and made contacts with Roger after arriving.  He was always unselfish with his time and helped me with some questions that I did have concerning engineering in the area.  I knew he was having health problems and when I noticed his posts to the list dropping off, I called him just prior to my vacation.  Even though he was in hospice he still was offering unsolicited information about a question I posted to the list several weeks ago.  Roger is a good man and a credit to the field.  He has a tough fight ahead, and I wish him the best.

Joseph R. Grill, PE (structural)