Wind on Parapets

I’m now seeing (since I am new to the Southwest) a lot of flat (or nearly flat) roofs with framed parapets.  Do any of you have a clean way to detail the parapet connection to the roof structure for wind assuming the parapet is framed from the sheathing up (plate on top of the sheathing).  I’m sketching details, some of which will work if the parapet isn’t too high; otherwise things start to get messy.  If the vertical studs in the parapet framing are continued to the top plate of the bearing wall and attached to the chords of the roof joists then diaphragm nailing and blocking becomes complicated.  If diagonal braces are used then uplift at the brace and complications with penetrating roofing materials also is a mess.  Any help?

Joseph R. Grill, PE