RE: Gravel Trailer Chassis Design

Hans,

My digest mode has been intermittent at best, so you probably got answers to
this already, but just in case:
I had a similar project a few years ago, and I found some information from
the Fed. Gov.  It does not quite apply directly, but you can use the
concepts and adapt them to your situation.  I suggest searching for these
titles on the internet.  I believe they are all available for download.

49 CFR 393.100 Cargo Tie-down
Proposed revised 393.100 (12-18-00)
49 CFR 178.337-3 Pressurized Tanks - Normal Operation
49 CFR 178.337-3 Pressurized Tanks - Extreme Loadings
49 CFR 178.337-3 Pressurized Tanks - Crash Load
49 CFR 178.338-13 Self Supporting Vac. Insul. Tanks
49 CFR 178.338-13 Self Supporting Non-Insulated Tanks
49 CFR 178.338-13 Support Members Supporting Tanks
Law 49 CFR is written by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration

Good luck.

Dmitri Wright, PE
Progressive Consultants Inc.