Re: Non-Proprietary Carbon Fiber Composites?

try SIKA's product on http://www.sika.org

Junata

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Crocker" <pcrocker(--nospam--at)reidmidd.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 10:21 PM
Subject: Non-Proprietary Carbon Fiber Composites?

> I am currently looking into specifying a carbon fiber wrap to increase
shear strength on portions of an existing concrete building.  I have found a
number of different proprietary systems that appear to be suitable.
Unfortunately, the government funding structure of the job makes it more
difficult to specify proprietary systems as opposed to calling out basic
components and their ASTM designations.  Does anyone know of a good web link
or other resource to find non-proprietary language for such a system?  Does
such language even exist, or are the systems all fairly proprietary?