proprietary carbon wraps

Title: Message
Paul,

I have had similar situations with government jobs where I needed to use epoxy. First, if the govt entity allows you to spec a specific product, but say, "OR APPROVED EQUAL", that is an easy way to handle it. If the GC bids it using a sub-par product, then that is on him. An even better way to cover yourself is to state some of the min. physical properties of the product you want, and you can do this via specs or plan notes. I guess for carbon wrap it would be tensile strength, elongation, temperature requirements, cure time, etc. We do this on all of our jobs for metal stud, we state min Ix, Sx, thickness, dimensions, etc. as proprietary shapes may differ.

Good luck,
Andrew Kester, PE
Longwood, FL