RE: Steel Fibers Replacing Structural Reinforcing?

>One of the concrete contractors has asked a steel fiber manufacturer
>to value engineer the reinforcing to determine if they can do it with steel
>fibers instead of the reinforcing specified.
God, I love that term. 'Value engineering:' Marketeer-speak for 'mix
sawdust in the cake flour, then tell the customer how delicious the icing
looks.' ;->

Sarcasm aside, wouldn't any kind of moisture seeping into a crack or a
corner rust through steel fibers like a knife through hot butter?

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw