RE: In Situ Strength Testing of Wood

Bill,

Here is a start: http://www.wwpa.org/techguide/default.htm This is the web page for the Western Woods Product Association Technical Guides. This includes;

The WWPA Online Technical Guide includes the following section links:
* Grades & Quality Control
* Species & End Uses
* Lumber Specifying
* Design Values
* Properties & Spans
* MSR Lumber
* Structural-Glued (Finger-Jointed) Lumber
* Environmental Information
* Technical Publications

Give these a try. If you don’t receive this in HTML format, you may have to follow the original link. As far as I know, you can hire a Technician from WWPA to do in-situ grading. I had a representative lecture a class I gave a few years ago but I don’t recall if they still provided field grading.

Dennis S. Wish, PE

California Professional Engineer

Structural Engineering Consultant

dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net